Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Liberty Capucine shirt

I do love the really wild Liberty prints. Mostly I've been sewing lately with very staid fabrics -- little flowers, checks, solids -- but for both my daughter and me I adore the cool craziness of Liberty blouses in the summer. . .

I used Capucine earlier this summer for a nightie for the girl; here's a shirt version:


The pattern has a small ruffle instead of a set-in sleeve; with the help of How to Make Sewing Patterns I made this cap sleeve instead.

This pattern was a good choice for this big print because the front is cut all from one piece so everything lines up. No need for the tedium of matching the print!

Only thing I don't like about this shirt is the little buttons. They're too purple; a grey or bright pink would be better.

No comments: