Thursday, January 6, 2011

Liberty shirt



Last summer was hot and I was enjoying the blessed coolness of my own Liberty of London shirts so much that I decided to make a couple for my daughter. I love this one, both because the fabric is so beautiful and because it was a new shape.

I made the shirt by modifying the Frannie dress pattern by Lyn Weeks (Especially for You). I've made this as a dress multiple times; for the shirt I narrowed the skirt and changed the neckline to be a v-notch (inspired by an Oliver and S pattern). I lined the yoke only with white batiste.

I dithered about whether to add some trim to the edges or the curved yoke seam; in the end I just chain-stitched along the yoke seam. I think it would have been cute to add something to the sleeve edge -- a tiny trim or piping or something.

No comments: